Friday, March 16, 2007

Is life a game?

My mother in law came to visit my wife and me for a couple of weeks. A few days before she was leaving, we talked about if she needed a ride to the airport or just going by train. My dad kept telling us that it was OK to take a few hours off work and drive her. We decided to use train instead because my wife was going to spend some time in Oslo, which is by the way. The day after my wife came to me and asked: "Are you sure it's OK for us to go by train. I mean, won't your dad get offended when we decided not to let him help us?".

I said: "No, it's simply a question of whether you would like to get a ride or not!" She still didn't quite believe me. I am sure things are a little different back in Russia (where my wife comes from by the way).

That's when it hit me. Why all this back and forth about offending each other. "What if I do this? What would he say?" or "What if I don't say that? What will she think?" and it keeps rolling on and on.

I never actually understood this. Why do people make up these "games" with each other? If life is a game, why didn't God give us the rules? I like games, but not these kind of games!



Please email me if you have an answer!



Have a nice day ;)

No comments: