Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"X" marks the spot...

Today I had the opportunity to get the paperwork of a good friend of mine, Therese Marie which are studying archeology at the university in Oslo. And I cant tell how much I do envy her studying that topic! I always liked Indiana Jones and when I was a kid I dreamed about being a archaeologist like him (I still do). Of course she says it's not like in the movies, and I know! But I am a dreamer, will always be...

By looking at the first pages I found it interesting. It was about why Oslo (in Norway) as a city was settled were it is. Sometimes she tells me it's terrible boring and hard to study. Now it came to me: Why is it so that it's much more interesting to read stuff now, but when I studied it was so much harder. Well it's not completely true... I liked most classes like history, art etc... except math and those related to language. But still, today I can read about lots of topics like ethics, philosophy... and even math and language I now found interesting, but at school I used to hate it.

In the Indiana Jones movies, he says in front of his class that "X" never marks the spot in real world. Of course he are proved wrong, because right after he DOES find a treasure marked with X. But that was movie, and this is the real world. Is it really true that life is boring and there are no treasures out there left? I guess our friend Indiana might have spoken the truth, and his adventures are left in his movies. At least that's what it seems like...

But sometimes my dreams start floating back, like when I read the paperwork to my friend, and I realize there are truly adventures out there to be uncovered. There might not be real treasures of gold or diamonds buried in dust, but the small adventures in your life are still to be uncovered. Open your eyes! Don't sit and wait for life to grab you, grab your own wings and make your own adventures. Have pleasure in the small things. Then adventure will come to you...

I still have the pleasure of reading the rest of my friends paperwork. I am sure it will be a little adventure ;)

No comments: