Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Arriving, Down Under!


For a few weeks ago I started to think about and organize what to bring with me to Australia. People who been here before told me it was winter season Down under. In Norway when we talk about winter, its cold (like -15), snow and wind blowing from every corner and of course ice, which makes it impossible to walk normally on the road. People also told me that it would be about 20-25 celsius in Australia, so luckily I didn't bring with me winter clothes and skiis.

When arriving at Brisbane it still hit me by surprice how warm "their" winter is. It's at least 25 degrees and this is what they call winter. People down here stopped going to beaches because its off-season. In Norway the beaches would be crowded with a temperature like this.

Speaking about crazy things. When walking out the airplane everything was just as normal as home (except the heat). But my mind kept buggling me about the fact that I'am actually walking with my feats in the air compared to my friends back in Norway - or is it opposite? Even that I know the earth is like a globe and not flat, its stil crazy thinging about this. Getting used to crazy thoughts can be a challenge - hopefully that is not something I'am will spend my time on during my stay, Down under.

Greetings from Brisbane!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, I remember that airport from six years ago :)